Reliance EPC - About Us - Left Menu
Reliance-ECP - About Us - Our Chairman - Chairman Profile
Anil Dhirubhai Ambani, Chairman - Reliance Group
Anil Dhirubhai Ambani, born on 4th June, 1959, in Mumbai.
He is the younger son of the visionary entrepreneur Shri Dhirubhai Ambani and lives with his mother Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani in Mumbai.
Graduated (B.Sc. in Science) from K.C. College, Mumbai University and MBA at Wharton, University of Pennsylvania.
He is married to former actress - Tina Munim and has two sons - Jai Anmol (25 Years) and Jai Anshul (21 Years)
He has an elder brother Mr. Mukesh Ambani and two younger sisters Mrs. Dipti Salgaocar and Mrs. Nina Kothari.
Anil Dhirubhai Ambani is one of India's leading business leaders and founder of the Reliance Group; whose constituent business enterprises are engaged in pivotal roles in the ongoing economic transformation of India.
He is the Chairman of the Reliance Group; including, Reliance Communications, Reliance Capital, Reliance Infrastructure, Reliance Power, Reliance Defence and Engineering Limited, Reliance Defence Limited and Reliance Defence Technologies Private Limited.
Anil or ADA, as he is often referred to by his colleagues, founded the Reliance Group in 2006 and in less than 10 years, the Reliance Group has built a leadership position in major growth sectors of the Indian economy, including telecommunications, generation, transmission and distribution of renewable and non-renewable sources of power, national road highways, metro rail systems, cement, financial services, education, healthcare, media and entertainment.
Key Indicators of Reliance Group :
Reliance Group is amongst India's top business houses and has one of the world's largest Shareholder/Investor base of nearly 8 million shareholders and investors. Reliance Group has assets of Rs. 3,16,000 Crore (US$ 47 billion); annual Revenues in excess of Rs. 62,400 Crore (US$ 9.3 billion); Net Worth of over Rs.1,02,000 Crore (US$15.3 billion); and nearly 1,00,000 employees.
- Reliance Aerostructure and Dassault Aviation of France set up a Joint venture to execute the largest offset order in the Indian defence sector against 36 Rafale fighter jets bought by India.
- Reliance Defence and Engineering Limited (RDEL) signed a Master Ship Repair Agreement (MSRA) with U.S. Navy to provide repair and alternation services to the 7th Fleet of U.S. Navy
- Reliance Defence has signed strategic partnership with Antanov, Ukraine for Transport Aircraft
- Reliance Defence has collaborated with Strata Manufacturing, UAE to develop advanced aerospace manufacturing capabilities.
- Reliance Defence and Rafael Advanced Defence Systems of Israel have partnered for the highly specialized areas of Air to Air Missiles, Air Defence Systems and Large Aerostats.
- Reliance Defence also has key business partnerships with global defence majors like DCNS, Safran, Thales, Elbit Systems, Abu Dhabi Ship Building (ADSB) and Emirates Defence Industries Company (EDIC)
- Reliance Life Insurance is in partnership with Nippon Life Insurance of Japan.
- Reliance Asset Management is in partnership with Nippon Life Insurance of Japan.
- Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank (SMTB) is now one of the largest shareholders of Reliance Capital Limited, through a strategic partnership.
- Veolia Transport of France is in partnership with Mumbai Metro One Pvt. Ltd. (MMOPL) - part of Reliance Infrastructure Limited.
- Partnership with Steven Spielberg and DreamWorks Studios, USA, which has produced highly acclaimed - Oscar winning/Oscar nominated movies, such as Lincoln, War Horse, The Help and Bridge of Spies.
- Member of Wharton Board of Overseers, The Wharton School, USA.
- Member of the President's Global Council, New York University, USA.
- Member of the Advisory Board of Warwick Business School (WBS), UK.
- One of the Founders of Indian School of Business (ISB), Hyderabad. ISB has established formal partnerships with international business schools - Wharton and Kellogg.
- Appointed by Prime Minister as Co-Chair of the India-China CEO Forum.
- Appointed by Prime Minister as Member of the US-India CEO Forum.
- Appointed by Prime Minister as Member of the Indo-French CEO Forum.
- Appointed by Prime Minister as Member of the Indo-Canada CEO Forum.
- Appointed by Prime Minister as Member of the Indo-Russia CEO Forum.
- Was elected in 2004 for a six-year term as an independent member of the Rajya Sabha, the Upper House of India's Parliament.
- Established Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital (KDAH) - state of the art 750 bed multi-speciality hospital in Mumbai.
- Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology (DA-IICT) in Gandhinagar, Gujarat - one of the foremost educational institutions.
- Mudra Institute of Communications (MICA), Ahmedabad - India's Premier Management School for Strategic Marketing and Communication.
- Harmony Art Foundation - Organises Harmony Art, India's largest annual private contemporary art show.
- Harmony for Silvers Foundation is a non-government organization working to enhance the quality of life of the elderly in India.
- Ms. Tina Anil Ambani is the Chairperson, for all Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) programmes of the Group.
- Anil is a long distance marathon runner and has been running for nearly 15 years. He has successfully participated in over 50 half and full marathons.
- He is a nature and wildlife conservationist and deeply spiritual.
- Consistently featured every year as of one India's “Most Powerful and Influential Person” in the annual power list of India Today Magazine.
- Also feature in list of India's 50 Most Powerful People by the US-based Business Week magazine.
- 4th amongst the list of India's Top 100 CEOs by The Economic Times.
- Included in UK-based Financial Times' selection of 50 Most Notable Business Leaders from Emerging Markets.
- Conferred the 'CEO of the Year' by Platts Global Energy.
- Selected by Asiaweek magazine for its list of 'Leaders of the Millennium in Business and Finance' and was introduced as the only 'new hero' in Business and Finance from India.
- Awarded the First Wharton Indian Alumni Award by the Wharton India Economic Forum (WIEF)
- Rated as one of "India's Most Admired CEO's" by Business Barons
- Conferred "The Entrepreneur of the Decade Award" by the Bombay Management Association.
Off. Western Express Highway,
Mumbai 400 055
Telephone : + 91 22 3034 5522 / 3034 5534
Fax : + 91 22 3034 5577
E-mail : email@example.com